Distance Learning Support
We have created a Distance Learning Guide for Families website to help with the challenges of distance learning. Below you will find the links to both the English and Spanish sites. We hope this will be helpful!
Distance Learning FAQ's
At this time we do not know, we hope to be open again soon, but we are proactively planning for distance learning to occur for the remainder of this school year.
- A week’s worth of learning engagements will be posted on google classroom by Monday morning at 8:30 am. Math, Reading, Writing and thematic unit will have recorded mini-lessons for students to view on Google Classroom or Seesaw.
- Teachers will be available to support students for 3-4 hours per day via Zoom or Google Classroom.
- There will be times when the class or groups of students are asked to login for “live” instruction, check-ins and collaboration. But they will be recorded and posted on google classroom or Seesaw for any students who are unable to login at that time.
- The needs of every family are very different and we feel it is important to allow for significant flexibility in the timing of when students complete work.
- ALL Grade levels will continue to send out Parent Square communications to families daily.
- Classroom Teachers and Resource teachers will hold “office hours.” During this time you will be available to communicate with teachers to answer questions and provide guidance.
Meeting the needs of all of our students is a priority during this uncertain time. To meet the needs of our students with disabilities, we have created the following plan:
- Resource Teachers will provide 1:1 support via Zoom or Google Classroom to work on IEP goals.
- IEP Meetings will be held via Zoom and documents will be signed and returned via DocuSign
Oasis Charter Public School does not want its students staring at computer screens for 7-8 hours a day. We ask that families remember our staff are not experts in distance learning (YET!) and that it will require some trial-and-error before we find the right balance between online and offline learning experiences. Oasis leadership and teachers will check in with families to assess what you’re seeing at home and what we need to adjust. We thank you in advance for your patience and partnership.
Oasis Charter will continue to use the following platforms for communicating with parents. Our primary tool for communication is ParentSquare.
Parent Square; Families & Staff ParentSquare is our primary tool for communication with families.
Please make sure that you have an activated ParentSquare account. You can use ParentSquare on any device. If you haven’t already, you can download the free mobile app for Android or iOS and you can also use it from a computer at: www.parentsquare.com
Google Classroom; Students & Families
Google Classroom is used to streamline communications and learning engagements between teachers and students. Teachers will distribute assignments, post videos of lessons, provide feedback and facilitate collaboration between students on google classroom
Zoom Meeting; Families, Students, Staff
Zoom is a video conferencing platform that will be used for staff, students and families to stay connected and for “live” teaching and support. You don’t need a Zoom account to attend Zoom meetings, you will be provided a link to connect with
A Frequently Asked Questions section and a “Distance Learning Resources for Families” tab have been added to the website and will continue to be updated frequently.